OUR WORK MATTERS
Our mission at DMH is to optimize the hope, wellbeing and life trajectory of Los Angeles County’s most vulnerable through access to care and resources that promote not only independence and personal recovery but also connectedness and community reintegration.
We offer a diverse range of programs that provide our staff with great support and a sense of community united by this common mission.
Our work matters, and there’s no better place to start a meaningful and rewarding psychiatric career than the County of Los Angeles Department of Mental Health.
SALARY AND BENEFITS INFORMATION
The County of Los Angeles Department of Mental Health (DMH) offers competitive salaries starting at $233,784/yr. Bonuses as noted below:
- 5.5% Bonus for ABPN certification, 2.75% bonus for second certification in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, and Addiction Medicine
- 5.5% Site bonus for work assignments at Antelope Valley MHC, Palmdale MHC, and Juvenile Justice Programs
- Horizons 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (with up to 4% County matching funds)
- Employment outside of DMH allowed (24 hours/week) to pursue other career aspects
- Flexible schedule encourages work/life balance; options include four 10 hour days/week or nine hour days with one day off every other week
- Contributory or Non-Contributory Retirement Plans
- Basic, Dependent and Optional Group Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Medical Coverage Protection (LTD Health Insurance)
For more information, please click here or email us at MDrecruitment@dmh.lacounty.gov
MAKE LOS ANGELES YOUR HOME
- Partner with a diverse, vibrant population of many cultures
- Be part of a large, supportive, collegial psychiatric community
- Opportunities to push the boundaries of traditional community practice
- Reimbursement for eligible relocation expense up to $15,000
STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT INCENTIVE
- $50,000 per year of service for a maximum of 5 years
- Starting in 2019, $25,000 per year for a maximum of 2 years
Click here for more information on Student Loan Repayment and Recruitment Incentives, or email us at MDincentive@dmh.lacounty.gov.
UNMATCHED GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
We have immediate openings in the South Los Angeles Community, close to downtown, at the Augustus F. Hawkins, Compton Family, and West Central Family Mental Health Centers. This is a unique opportunity to work and live in the fast growing and revitalized center of Los Angeles close to great restaurants, public transportation, and entertainment.
- One of the most respected, stable, successful and growing mental health departments in the country
- Strong career ladder for those interested in advancing into supervisory and clinical leadership positions
View a map of our clinic locations across Los Angeles County